James “Jake” Tate, Jr., CFP®
Jake joined the Green Fairways Financial team in July 2015. As a financial advisor, his focus in the practice is working with Millennials to help them prepare for their future retirement. Being a Millennial, Jake understands the impact the Great Recession has had on his peers. He believes they will be happier when they take control of their financial lives, so he takes a holistic approach to handling their specific financial needs. In working with clients, his first step is creating an Envision® Investment Plan that takes into consideration their goals and objectives. Additionally, Jake is an Apprentice portfolio manager in the Private Investment Management (PIM) program1 and works closely with James Tate, Sr, CFP® in researching and managing the practice’s portfolios. As part of the Green Fairways Team, he provides comprehensive insurance reviews for clients determining life insurance and long-term-care needs. Jake was born and raised in Venice and is a fifth generation Floridian. He enjoys all the great things Florida has to offer; he loves fishing, boating and golfing. Jake and his wife, Jillian, who also grew up in Venice, are both actively involved in the community. They are both mentors with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Suncoast. They love golfing, snow skiing and attending sporting events for their favorite teams: Auburn University, The University of Florida, the Buccaneers and the Lightning.
Professional Licenses and Associations:
- Series 7 & 66 Registered
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity Insurance Licensed
- Auburn University – B.A. in Economics
- Venice Area Chamber of Commerce
- Community Board of Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Suncoast
- President of the Auburn University Alumni Club in Sarasota County The PIM program may not be suitable for all investors. Please carefully review the Wells Fargo Advisors advisory disclosure document for a full description of our services. The minimum account size for this program is $50,000.
Jake is proud to continue the family legacy of providing the highest level of personal service and professional integrity to his clients. “I’ve seen the hard work and dedication my parents have given to this business and it’s awesome to follow in their footsteps!”